debugger implemented with S8 running as a
Author: Alejandro F. Reimondo
License terms: MIT License.
Requirements: Google's Chrome browser.
The S8 platform executing on top of Google's V8 VM, can be debugged remotelly.
The current implementation instrument debugging capabilities using Google's Chrome.
The U8 Debugger installs as a Chrome extension, and will debug any page running
in Chrome. If the page contains a S8 execution environment, the debugger
will enable debugging at smalltalk level.
How to Install:
- Decompress the
contents of this contribution (downloaded as a zip file) in a new folder.
- Goto extension settings page (chrome://extensions/).
- Press the button to "load unpackaged extension", and select the folder.
- At this point you must see the U8 debugger icon
on the right of the address bar.
How to Use:
- Point your Chrome browser to a
or any U8 contribution,
and press the U8 debugger icon
to start debugging.
- When running a S8 image, you can evaluate "self halt" in a workspace, to pause execution and go to debugger tab to step/inspect/debug.